Dlink router setup: DIR-825 Dlinkrouter.local
D-Link DIR-825 is the most powerful router for your homes and offices. It is a high-speed, dual-band WIFI MESH router that has the ability to reduce congestion from your WIFI networks. You get a solid and dependable connection with the help of Ethernet ports that are carrying Gigabit capability. It optimizes your data traffic through the Built-in Quality of services.
With an intuitive web-based interface of dlinkrouter.local you get an easy process of setup and configuration. It has a WPS button, that helps to associate your wireless and wired clients as quickly as you want. It can support the security encryption WPA/WPA2/WEP2/WEP3, etc.
It delivers the speed of 1200 Mbps that is perfect for high definition streaming of media, large files, internet phone calls, gaming, and content-rich web-surfing. You can even connect with the USB storage drive to a built-in 2.0 port that helps you to design and create a powerful storage network.
Dlink router setup process with easy steps
- In a new browser through your computer, laptop, tablet, Macintosh, and mobile, type the IP address of your DIR-825, and by default it is http://192.168.0.1
- These details should be with you while logging to your D-Link router. You can note it down from the back panel of your router. There will be a printed label and all the details will be available over there.
- Note down the password and the user ID of your DIR-825. It will be also available just beneath the IP address of your router. Look at the label and note down these pieces of information very carefully as it should be correct.
- After Introducing the IP address, you have to fill the user ID of your DIR-825 router at the prompting window. Admin is the default user ID and Password window should be left blank. Then go NEXT by tapping the next tab.
- At the next window, you are required to enter the OpenDNS address in the field of “Primary DNS Server” and the “Secondary DNS Server” as well. You must have the current DNS settings with you before going for OpenDNS. It will be very useful for you at the time when you would be aspiring to return to your previous settings.
- In the DNS Server address fields, you have to fill the following OpenDNS;
- After giving all of these details, it is important to click the SAVE button. It will be beneficial for you that after saving the settings flush your DNS resolver cache and web browser caches.
This will enable you to ensure that your current DNS configuration settings work with an immediate effect.
How to connect Dlinkrouter.local with Modem?
- Take out the power adapter from the box of your D-Link router, and then pin it to the wall power outlet. After that the leftover side should be pinned to your DIR-825 router, and then power on the router by pressing the power button.
- To operate the modem with the router, use the Ethernet cable from the package, and connect one the point with the WAN of the D-Link router, and other ends to the modem. These ports are always available in yellow colour. But in the very few of the models, it is black in colour.
- Now you have to wait for a few minutes, to check the status of your WAN LEDs. Then use the computer as the setup device and connect it with the router, using another Ethernet cable.
- Then through the web browser, run a suitable setup wizard such as Dlinkrouter.local or Dlink router setup. After that enter your IP address that will be on the label of the router, then enter the username and the password (That is ADMIN and PASSWORD).
- Then at the next window, select the time zone along with the region and hit OK or NEXT to complete this Dlink router setup process with the modem.
How to recover the forgotten password of the Dlink router Setup?
In the situation where you have forgotten the password and username of your router, the only solution is to reset your router to its original settings. For this you can press the reset button of your DIR-825 router. Press this button for 20 to 30 seconds and then leave to let it boot up. After that you can install it with its default username and password. After finishing the installation and the configuration, you can set a new password and username to set it on a strong security encryption.