How to Make a Hotspot on a Laptop 2021 – Did you know that laptops with Windows 7, 8, and 10 can be used as hotspots? Windows by default already provide features for hotspots. So how to create a hotspot on a laptop is arguably a fairly easy job because you don’t need additional software.
The hotspot is a wireless internet network that you can connect to in a certain area. With a hotspot, you can access the internet and freely surf in cyberspace without a hitch.
Now almost all urban areas have their own hotspot networks. Because now the internet has become a necessity for everyone to be able to access websites. In fact, there are many home wifi services that are willing to serve hotspots in your home.
However, maybe your house is in a place that cannot be reached by these services. Or maybe the home wifi service is too expensive to get. If you experience this problem, you don’t need to worry, because you can also make wifi on your laptop without any additional tools.
That way, you can use a modem on the laptop and then you can create a hotspot on the laptop as wifi that can be shared with other internet users around you.
How to make a laptop as wifi
There are several different methods you can use to create a hotspot. You can choose which method you want to use as needed. All windows can be used as hotspots.
But on Windows 8 and Windows 7, it might be different from Windows 10. So, please choose which method suits your version of Windows so you can create a hotspot on your laptop without problems.
How to Create a Hotspot in Windows 7 and 8
This first method can actually be used for Windows 10, but it is recommended only in Windows 7 and Windows 8. The reason is, to activate the hotspot on Windows 7 and 8 you have to go through the command at the command prompt first.
How to create a hotspot on a Windows 7 laptop:
- Run CMD as administrator.
- Enter the command in CMD netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode = allow ssid = EzTekno key = Password123 then Enter.
- Type the command netsh wlan start hostednetwork then Enter.
- Then open Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center .
- Click the laptop connection, select Properties, go to the Sharing tab .
- Check Allow other network users to ..
- Click the drop-down menu, select Local Area Connection * 14 .
- The final step is to click the OK button .
Well, after you have successfully followed the guidelines above, it means that you have succeeded in creating a hotspot on your laptop. Now try connecting the hotspot that you created earlier using another device.
How to make a hotspot on a Windows 10 laptop
For how to create a hotspot on a laptop using Windows 10, you can do it easier and without using commands from the command prompt.
Here’s how to make a laptop as a hotspot in Windows 10:
- Click the Windows logo or Start menu.
- Select the Settings menu to open Windows Settings.
- Open the Network & Internet> Mobile Hotspot menu.
- Select the Wi-fi option so that the hotspot on the laptop is active.
- Now, Windows 10 laptops have become hotspots.
You can change the password and hotspot name by clicking the Edit button below it. With just 5 steps, you have succeeded in making wifi on your laptop that uses Windows 10.
Baidu WiFi Hotspot
Baidu is a technology company in the Haidian District, Beijing, PRC. Initially, Baidu was better known as a search engine like Google, but Baidu also provided several technology-related services including software for creating hotspots.
How to make a hotspot on a laptop with software:
- Download the Baidu Hotspot WiFi software first.
- Then install the application on your laptop.
- After successfully installed, open the application.
- Then click the wifi icon to start the hotspot.
- If the status is active, then the hotspot can be used.
In the Baidu software there is also a feature to block devices. So, you can prevent certain people from connecting their device to your hotspot.
My Public WiFi
My Public WiFi is a software that is able to create a hotspot on a laptop which is quite popular. The reason is, this software can be used very easily.
Here’s how to create a wifi hotspot on a laptop:
- First download the My Public Wifi software .
- Install it on the laptop then run the application.
- You just need to click on the Start button in the application.
- Then the laptop hotspot is automatically active.
Very easy, right? Just use one of the methods described above. Hopefully useful and good luck!