How to Root and Install TWRP OnePlus 6 And 6T 2021 – Root your OnePlus 6 / 6T with Magisk will allow you to modify systemless phone apps and use apps that require root permissions, all without breaking Google’s SafetyNet. In this guide, I will show you how to root the OnePlus 6 / OnePlus 6T using Magisk, without TWRP. These instructions are compatible with devices running Android 10 (OxygenOS 10) and Android 9 Pie (OxygenOS 9).
How to Root and Install TWRP OnePlus 6 And 6T
OnePlus is known for its affordable flagship devices with premium features. Likewise, OnePlus launched the OnePlus 6 in 2018 with the Snapdragon 845, a 6.28-inch AMOLED Optic display, and 16MP + 20MP dual rear cameras.
Also, read related article:
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy A50 Without PC (100% Working)
- How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi GO
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy A40 (100% Working)
- How To Root Lenovo A6000 Plus Without PC (100% Working)
- How to Root and Install TWRP Xiaomi Mi 8 (100% Working)
It runs on the latest Android 9.0 Pie with Oxygen OS on top. Even though it runs on the latest version, some users want to root the OnePlus 6. Follow the Tutorial to Install TWRP on OnePlus 6 and root it with Magisk.
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers on your PC / Laptop.
- Charge your battery up to 70%.
- The device must be running on official firmware.
- Download TWRP Zip and TWRP Installer for OnePlus 6.
- Download the Magisk Framework ZIP.
How to Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 6
This is a necessary step before gaining root access on any Android smartphone. To Unlock the Bootloader (UBL) of Oneplus 6, please follow the below steps carefully:
- Back up important data on other devices because unlocking will erase them.
- Enable Developer Mode by going to Settings> About Phone and, then tapping “Build Number” 7 times.
- Go to Settings> System> Developer options, and enable “OEM Unlocked” with the toggle.
- In Developer Options, also enable “Advanced Reboot”.
- Now long-press the Power Button and tap “Reboot,” then “Bootloader”.
- Download and install ADB and Fastboot drivers.
- Open command prompt in extracted ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Verify the device connected with the following command: fastboot devices
- After successful verification, send this command to unlock UBL OnePlus 6 & 6T: fastboot OEM unlock
- Verify it by highlighting the ‘ Unlock the Bootloader ‘ option using the volume buttons and then selecting it with the power button.
- Now your device is unlocked!
I recommend not setting any security settings if you want to root the OnePlus 6 & 6T.
How to Install TWRP Recovery On OnePlus 6 & 6T
Custom recoveries like TWRP give Android the ability to flash a Custom ROM and change any part of the firmware. GUI-based recoveries are the most commonly used custom recoveries for Android devices. Follow the steps carefully to install TWRP on OnePlus 6 & 6T.
- Download Image and install TWRP for your OnePlus 6 from the Prerequisite menu above.
- Extract Fastboot and ADB driver on desktop.
- Connect your device to PC, and transfer ‘ twrp-installer-enchilada-3.2.3-0.zip ‘ to the mobile.
- Move file ‘ twrp-3.2.3-0-enchilada.img ‘ to extracted folder c: \ Users \ party \ Desktop \ platform-tools, or to a location where platform-tools exist.
- Now Enable Developer options again and enable the “Advanced Reboot” option.
- Boot the OnePlus 6 into bootloader mode using the power button.
- Open a command prompt in the same folder where you extracted the platform-tools.
- Once in the bootloader, type the following command to flash TWRP:
fastboot boot twrp-3.2.3-0-enchilada.img
- The phone will reboot into TWRP recovery mode.
- Sliding the slider completes the warning message of ‘System partition not modified.’
- Once done, Tap on Install and select ‘ twrp-installer-enchilada-3.2.3-0.zip ‘ from internal storage.
- Swipe the button to install TWRP on your OnePlus 6.
- Reboot the system and enjoy!
You have successfully installed TWRP on OnePlus 6 & 6T. Now we will proceed to root the OnePlus 6 & 6T using Magisk.
How to Root OnePlus 6 & 6T using Magisk
Magisk is a popular root management application. It is the biggest competitor to SuperSu as it allows users to grant or deny superuser rights for every single application. It works great with apps that limit usage if the device is rooted. Magisk can efficiently hide root status from Google’s SafetyNet. Follow the steps below to successfully root the OnePlus 6. Otherwise, you may end up using a bricked device.
- Download the Magisk Zip from above (Prerequisite section).
- Connect with PC and move downloaded files to internal storage.
- Now disconnect the device and turn it off.
- Press the Volume Down + Powe button simultaneously to enter TWRP mode.
- After booting into TWRP, tap on the Install button and flash the ‘ Magisk Installer zip ‘ file from the internal storage.
- Swipe the button to flash Magisk on the OnePlus 6.
- Tap on Reboot System when the process is complete.
Now that your phone is rooted, you can go ahead and modulate the software using the Magisk Module. You can also use Magisk Hide to hide root from apps that might detect root and stop working. And of course, now you can download and use applications like root-enabled Titanium Backup, Kernel Adiutor, Naptime, and many more.
And as I mentioned earlier, rooting via this method allows you to install OTA updates on your phone as well. When the update comes,
This is my tutorial on how to root the OnePlus 6 / OnePlus 6T using Magisk without TWRP. If you have any questions regarding the root procedure, contact me by commenting below.