How to Root and Install TWRP Realme 5 and Realme 5 Pro 2021 – The Realme 5 Pro is one of the best cheap Android smartphones, and it is available in many countries. If you are one of the Realme fans and use the Realme 5 / Pro, then I have good news for you. TWRP stable for Realme 5 / Pro is now available, which means you can now root your phone and install a custom ROM.
How to Root and Install TWRP Realme 5 and Realme 5 Pro
So, I have written with the universal method which will work on the android phone on top of marshmallow android. You can easily Root Realme 5 & 5 Pro this way, I have shared with you two ways one is SuperSU and the other is Magisk you can choose one of these ways, but currently the most used way is Magisk. I would suggest you use Magisk to Root your Realme 5 / Pro.
Also, read related article:
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy A50 Without PC (100% Working)
- How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi GO
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy A40 (100% Working)
- How To Root Lenovo A6000 Plus Without PC (100% Working)
- How to Root and Install TWRP Xiaomi Mi 8 (100% Working)
TWRP Recovery is a Custom Recovery for Android phones that comes with additional features besides Stock Recovery. Using TWRP Recovery, you can root your phone, and you can install Custom ROMs on your phone, and more. In this tutorial, I will guide you to install TWRP Recovery and root Realme 5 / Pro. For root, I will use Magisk with TWRP Recovery. I’m going to separate this tutorial into different sections to make this tutorial easy for you. So, are you ready to root your phone? If so, let’s get started with this article.
Spek Realme 5 / Pro
This Realme 5 / Pro is a device recently launched by Realme. It has some great features, Here are some Realme 5 / Pro Specifications :
- This phone comes with a 6.53 Inches Full HD + 1080 x 2340 pixels AMOLED Display which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Realme 5 Pro is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 which is an Octa-Core chipset
- It has 6 GB RAM and 128 GB Internal Storage which can be expanded up to 256 GB
- Move to OS this device runs on ColorOS above Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Camera – Primary Quad Rear Camera with 48 MP + 8 MP + 5 MP + 2 MP resolution and the Front-Facing camera is a 16 MP shooter
- Moving on to this battery it has a non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery which also supports Quick Charging VOOC v3.0
- Sensor: It has a Light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Compass sensor, and Gyroscope.
What is Root?
Root for Android means it is similar to jailbreaking the device to gain access to the root directory of your android phone. This will give you superuser access as an administrator to use your device via the Android subsystem and system apps.
Although sometimes improper root can damage your device or void your device warranty (if any). But it will give you some loose power and access to change or edit system settings, themes, icons, install other mod files, etc.
Advantages of Root:
- You can get access to all files on your Realme 5 Pro, even files that are in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your device by overclocking.
- By rooting, you can increase battery life with underclocking devices.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Realme 5 Pro.
- You can block Ads in any application.
- With Root Realme 5 / Pro, you can view, edit or delete any system files inside the root directory.
- You can install Xposed Framework and Xposed module support.
How to Root and Install TWRP Realme 5 and Realme 5 Pro
There are several ways to root Realme 5 / pro, but currently, only with TWRP. So I will guide you to Root Realme 5 / Pro with TWRP Recovery. But for this first, you need to install TWRP Recovery on Realme 5 Pro. Don’t worry, I will also tell you how to install TWRP. Let’s start by downloading the stable TWRP recovery.
Download TWRP Recovery Realme 5 / Pro
Android phones come with Stock Recovery by default, but it has basic and limited features like wiping data, rebooting to another mode, applying updates, etc. And TWRP Recovery is a Custom recovery modified with advanced features. So if you want to get all the extra features of TWRP, you can use the link below to download.
All thanks to mauronofrio for providing Realme 5 / Pro TWRP Recovery. It is a stable TWRP and tested by many testers. Below I have listed what works in this TWRP.
- Back up
- SD card
- ROM Flashing
Now let’s go to the TWRP installation guide. But you’ll need some drivers and tools for that, and we’ve wrapped them up in Prerequisites. So, check the prerequisites first.
- TWRP Recovery is required (use the link above)
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your PC
- Download Magic Zip and Magic Manager APK
- Take a full backup of your data
- The bootloader must be unlocked
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Realme 5 / Pro
Installing TWRP Recovery is not as easy as installing it on other Android devices. So it will be easy for you if you have installed TWRP Recovery before. But if not, then you have to be careful when installing TWRP your realme 5 / pro; otherwise, you may damage your device.
Step 1) Copy the downloaded TWRP img file to the location C: \ adb on your computer.
Step 2) Rename it to twrp.img (twrp-RMX1971-20191018.img to twrp.img) for convenience.
Step 3) Now, make sure the battery is more than 50% on your phone then switch off the phone.
Step 4) Now you need to boot Realme 5 / Pro into Fastboot Mode, to do that long press the Volume Up + Power button together.
Step 5) Release both buttons when you see the Fastboot screen. Now your Realme 5 Pro is in Fastboot Mode / Bootloader Mode.
Step 6) Connect your phone to the PC while the phone is in Fastboot Mode.
Step 7) Now at C: \ adb location press Shift + Right Click on an empty area and select ‘Open a PowerShell window here’ or ‘Open a Command window here.’
Step 8) In the PowerShell / Command window, the below command to check if the phone is connected or not. After entering the command, it should return multiple IDs.
- fastboot devices
Step 9) If your device is connected then enter the below command to install TWRP Recovery on Realme 5 / Pro.
- fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Step 10) Now, you have installed TWRP on Realme 5 Pro. You can stop here if you don’t want to root your phone and reboot into the system. But if you are going to root your phone then follow the next steps.
After installing TWRP Recovery, you can easily root your phone. Also, make sure the bootloader is unlocked. Let’s start the rooting steps.
How to Root Realme 5 Pro with Magisk
Before you root your device, here are some of the risks involved in the process.
* Warning: You will not receive official OTA Updates & you may also lose your phone warranty.
Step 1) Copy the Magisk zip and Magisk Manager APK to phone storage.
Step 2) Charge your phone at least up to 50% for barrier-free rooting.
Step 3) Turn off your device.
Step 4) Boot your Realme 5 / Pro into TWRP Recovery, for this long press Volume Down + Power button together.
Step 5) Release both buttons when you see the TWRP Recovery icon.
Step 6) In TWRP Recovery, go to the Install option. Browse and find the Magisk Zip file.
Step 7) Swipe the slider to flash Magisk and root Realme 5 Pro.
Step 8) Now, reboot your phone into the system (In TWRP click on Reboot> System).
Step 9) After rebooting, install Magisk Manager APK, and manage root access.
Root Realme 5 / Pro with SuperSU
- First Download the SuperSu.zip file on Realme 5 / Pro
- Turn off your Phone and Boot into Recovery Mode
- Now To Boot Into TWRP Recovery
Press Volume Down + Power Button At The Same Time Until You See The Boot Animation.
- Once You Are In TWRP
- Now Tap on Install >> Then Find SuperSU.zip File And Select >> >> Then Tap on Swipe To Confirm Flash
- That’s It 🙂 You Can Successfully Root Your Realme 5 / Pro
That is all; Now you have rooted Realme 5 Pro. You can now take advantage of all root features such as uninstalling pre-installed applications, taking full system backups, applying custom fonts, and much more.
So that’s the complete guide on how to root Realme 5 / Pro and how to install TWRP Recovery on Realme 5 / Pro. If there is any question please comment below.